Have a great passion for photography but don’t have enough budget to afford a professional camera? If yes, this article is for you to get the Best Cheapest Cameras For Photography!
Good quality cameras are not always too expensive. You can get fine cameras for starting your photography career with an affordable budget. But getting advanced features at a low price is very challenging. Most cheap cameras don’t have a higher resolution or smart features to bring professional outcomes. So, here I bought you a list of the 10 best cheapest cameras for photography.
So, if you want to get the best deal saving your pocket, dig right in-
Top 3 Cheapest Cameras For Photography
|Our Top Pick
|Sharp images and videosCompact & lightweight Reliable autofocus system
Check Price on Amazon
|Best For Beginners
|Interchangeable lens system4K video recordingBuilt-in Wi-Fi connection
Check Price on Amazon
|Best For Photography
|Dual memory card slots High-resolution EVFFreeze-proof design
Check Price on Amazon
Top 10 Cheapest Cameras For Photography – Overall #1 Rated Pick
1. Panasonic GX85
The Panasonic GX85 is a compact mirrorless camera popular for its excellent features and performance at budget-friendly pricing. It is the best option for you if you are looking for a lighter and better alternative to bulky DSLRs. Here are the most prominent features of this camera-
- Panasonic GX85 features a 16-megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor that delivers sufficient resolution for most photography needs. Besides, no low-pass filters make images sharper and more detailed.
- The 5-axis in-body image stabilization (IBIS) of GX85 provides more stability to your camera. It reduces camera shake and helps you click for sharper images. The image quality remains excellent, even in low light or longer focal lengths. It works in both photo and motion picture recording.
- This camera is excellent for videography too. It offers high-quality video recording capabilities with 4K UHD video at 24/30fps.
- Panasonic GX85 has a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF) and a tilting touchscreen LCD. It offers different ways to compose and review your shots.
- It has WI-Fi connectivity that allows easy image sharing. So, you don’t need to take the hassle of carrying images on pen drives. You can directly share it with an internet connection.
Sharp images and smooth videos
Reliable autofocus system
Ideal for videographers
Wi-Fi connectivity for easy sharing
Limited battery life
Other Cameras For Photography
2. LUMIX G7
LUMIX G7 is an excellent camera with 16MP Micro Four Thirds Sensor. It is the best cheap camera for photography beginners for delivering high-quality images with good resolution and dynamic range. Besides, it lets you print or crop large photos without losing picture quality. So, if you want to experiment with photography, LUMIX G7 is an excellent choice. Here are the most attractive features of this camera-
- The interchangeable lens system of LUMIX G7 offers you flexibility in choosing lenses. You can switch to different lenses to click photos of different styles.
- The Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology is another feature of LUMIX G7. It enables quick and accurate autofocus. So, with this camera, you will not miss shooting any moments in both still pictures or video. This makes it the best camera for photography beginners.
- LUMIX G7 has a 3-inch vari-angle touchscreen. This allows you to shoot from various angles and positions. It also offers menu navigation and focus control.
- The built-in Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) of LUMIX G7 offers a real-time preview of your shot. It provides sufficient screen visibility in bright conditions where the rear LCD might be challenging to see clearly.
- This camera captures fast-moving subjects with up to 6 frames per second burst shooting. This brings excellent photography outcomes and enables freeze-action moments effectively.
- The intelligent Auto (iA) Mode of LUMIX G7 is another feature that makes it excellent for beginners. The iA model simplifies the photography process by analyzing the scene and adjusting settings automatically. So, you will need not to go for manual adjustments.
- For critical shots, LUMIX G7 has a focus peaking feature and manual focus assist. It highlights in-focus areas and helps achieve precise focus.
|Interchangeable lens system
4K video recording
Built-in Wi-Fi connection
Articulating touch screen
Fast autofocus system
|Limited low-light performance
3. Panasonic GH5
Panasonic GH5 is renowned for its outstanding videography. It is released as a successor to the popular GH4 by Panasonic. However, compared to other cameras on this list, it is a bit expensive, but considering the performance, it is worth enough!
- The Panasonic GH5 offers 4K video recording at various frame rates and bit rates. It also supports 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording allowing greater color depth. This feature further adds flexibility in post-production.
- The high-speed autofocus of GH5 performs well in both photo and video shooting. It offers various autofocus modes, including face detection and subject tracking. Using this, you can take creative videos and photographs.
- It produces high-resolution photos with a 20.3-megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor. This makes Panasonic GH5 an excellent choice for professional photography and travelling camera.
- The weather-sealed body of GH5 gives it a robust structure. It makes it suitable for shooting in various environmental conditions. So, this can be an ideal option if you are looking for the best budget camera for travelling.
|Dual memory card slots
Splash or freeze-proof design
Dual image stabilization
Fully articulating touchscreen
Long battery life
|A bit bulky
4. Panasonic G85
Looking for the best budget camera for photography? Panasonic G85 can be your best go-to choice. Here are some worth-mentioning features of this camera-
- The Panasonic G85 has a weather-sealed body. This provides a greater level of protection against dust and moisture. So, if you plan to take cameras in challenging environments, they can offer extra durability. This makes G85 the best budget travel camera.
- Thanks to its fully articulated touchscreen, navigating the menu setting is much easier with G85. This allows shooting from different angles for creative photoshoots. So, G85 is an ideal option as the cheapest camera for beginners who prefer touchscreen controls.
- The external mic input is another outstanding feature of G85. It allows you to capture better audio quality during video recording. You can also connect an external microphone for improved sound recording.
- The G85 offers an awesome burst shooting rate of up to 9 frames per second (fps). This comes with continuous autofocus modes. So, the focus will not move when capturing fast-paced action or shooting in rapidly changing situations.
|High quality picturization
Image stabilization features
Excellent audio quality
|Zooming rate is less than other models
5. Panasonic G9
If you are looking for cheap cameras for filmmaking, Panasonic G9 is your ultimate choice. It has advanced DFD technology for fast and accurate autofocus performance. The outcome of this feature is extended when you use Lumix lenses with it. Besides, the 225 focus points of G9 cover a large frame area. Thus you can track subjects and focus accuracy. Here are some other with mentioning features of G9, making it the best budget camera for video-
- The 20 3-Megapixel micro Four-Thirds sensor of G8 has no low pass filter. This allows you to confidently capture sharp images with a high dynamic range.
- Panasonic G9 can be your best budget video camera, thanks to its 4K and a 6K PHOTO mode. The 4K mode will get 8MP and 30/60 fps. And the brand new 6K PHOTO mode offers you 18MP and 30 fps. With these specifications, you will never miss capturing the perfect moment in video or still image.
- The G9 offers you built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi + Bluetooth. So, you can easily transfer images and video to smartphones using the Lumix Image app.
- If you are looking for the best budget camera for filmmaking, G9 is an excellent option to go for. Its features include 4K 60P (4: 2: 0 8-bit) and 30P (4: 2: 2 10-bit) in-camera cinematic video. So, you can make professional video effects with this.
- The G9 has a durable magnesium alloy body. It provides the camera with weather sealing, making it resistant to dust, moisture, and harsh conditions. If you are a wild photographer or looking for the best affordable cameras for travel, this can be an excellent choice.
|High-speed autofocus (AF)
Has weather-sealed body
Large electronic viewfinder (EVF)
Dual IS 2 system
Facilitate motion capture
Dual SD card slots
User-friendly menu system
|Has smaller sensor size
6. Panasonic FZ300
Finding high-quality yet cheap cameras for video making is challenging. But with Panasonic FZ300, you will not have to compromise your video quality for the price. This is one of the best budget cameras for video with a Leica DC Vario Elmarit lens that has a 24x zoom aperture. Other features of this camera include-
- The 5-axis hybrid optical image stabilizer plus feature of FZ300 works effectively to reduce blurring tendency. Even with one-handed video shooting, you will get excellent video quality. It understands different body movements and eliminates wrong angular placements. Even if you keep the camera tilted, it maintains the framing-detecting horizon lines.
- The 4K video technology of FZ300 uses 30 frames per second in high resolution. So, you can extract photos from 4K ultra HD video. This allows you to form images of every moment captured as videos.
- Panasonic FZ300 has a weatherproof design. It can resist water splash and dust in extreme weather conditions. All its joints, buttons, and dials are tightly sealed. So, if you are looking for a cheap camera for video making in an adverse environment, this is the right pic.
- This camera has Wi-Fi connectivity and integrates with the Panasonic image app. With this, you can control the image app from a remote using a smartphone or tablet. For example- set the camera focus, release the shutter, and share the images on social media.
|Better image stabilization system
Higher zooming ability
Higher performance at low light
Fully articulating touchscreen
Panasonic image app integration
7. Panasonic FZ1000
When it comes to professional photography, Panasonic FZ1000 is a great choice. Usually, professional cameras have high pricing. But compared to that, the FZ1000 is a worth mentioning model in the list of best affordable cameras. Check the feature of this camera-
- The FZ1000 comes with a large 1-inch CMOS sensor providing excellent picture quality. It offers better low-light performance and image quality than other compact cameras with smaller sensors.
- It has an Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) system that helps to reduce camera shake and blur. Thus you can get sharper images and steady videos using this camera.
- You can quickly track the subject and focus them accurately with FZ1000. Thanks to its fast and responsive autofocus system, that makes this possible.
- The FZ1000 has features to capture images in RAW format. This gives you greater control over post-processing and editing. By this function, it preserves more image data compared to JPEG. So, this camera is your best choice if you are a professional photographer.
- A high-resolution electronic viewfinder (EVF) provides different photo composition options. Besides, the fully articulated 3-inch LCD touchscreen of FZ100 offers versatile viewing options.
- The built-in Wi-Fi is another worth mentioning feature of FZ100. This enables you to quickly transfer images and videos to your smartphones and share them on cloud storage.
Raw image support
High-speed burst shooting
High quality videography
8. Panasonic GH4
The Panasonic GH4 is one of the first mirrorless cameras to offer 4K video recording. It can record 4K videos at various frame rates, including 24fps, 25fps, and 30fps. Besides, it also supports full HD videos at higher frame rates. Here are some features of the Panasonic GH4-
- The Panasonic GH4 features a 16-megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor. The sensor and its powerful Venus Engine image processor deliver high-quality images.
- It has a high-resolution OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF) with approximately 2.36 million dots. This captures a clear and accurate view.
- Panasonic GH4 has a 3-inch fully articulated LCD touchscreen that offers flexible shooting and easy menu navigation.
- Besides 4K recording, the GH4 offers a range of video-focused features, including focus peaking, zebra patterns, time code support, and Cinelike gamma profiles. This makes it the best budget camera for video.
- GH4 features Panasonic’s Depth from Defocus (DFD) that allows for faster and more accurate autofocus performance. Besides, you can increase its performance by using compatible lenses.
|High-quality video features
Supports stop-motion animation
Multiple frame rates
Long battery life
|Limited ISO range
9. Canon PowerShot SX540
Finding quality yet cheap cameras for youtube can be tricky. But no worries with Canon PowerShot SX540. It is an excellent choice for beginners who want to get into a video-making career. Here are some amazing features of Canon PowerShot SX540 as the best budget camera video maker-
- For excellent optical performance, Canon PowerShot SX540 has 50x optical zooming and image stabilization features. Even in low light, the 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor provide the camera with excellent image quality.
- It records stunning 1080p Full HD video with stereo audio at 60 frames per second. Besides, the built-in NFC and Wi-Fi make sharing and transferring pictures and movies simple.
- The camera offers a range of creative shooting modes for creative photoshoots. These include- Miniature Effect, Hybrid Auto, etc. Besides, the smart auto mode of SX540 automatically selects the best settings for photography. This makes it easy for beginners to capture great shots without worrying about manual adjustments.
|High zoom range
Full HD video recording
Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
Creative shooting modes
|Small sensor size
10. KODAK PIXPRO AZ405-BK
Are you a vlogger or love to make videos for youtube? If yes, KODAK PIXPRO AZ405-BK is the best cheap camera for youtube. It is very affordable and performs well for regular video making for youtube. Here are some major features of this camera-
- The AZ405-BK comes with a powerful 40x optical zoom lens. This allows you to take pictures of distant subjects without losing image quality. Besides, the 20 Megapixel CMOS Sensor ensures quality resolution maintenance.
- It has Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) feature that helps reduce camera shake. So, you can make a video while walking; this will not hamper video quality. Even in a shaky environment, the video footage will be smooth.
- The camera offers various scene modes to optimize settings for specific shooting conditions. For example, you will get screen mode for landscapes, portraits, or night scenes. Besides, it has a panorama mode that enables you to capture wide landscape shots.
- The AZ405-BK camera has a built-in flash for additional lighting. So, you can make videos in the dark using this light.
- It has SD cards for storage, allowing you to expand the memory capacity. However, it lacks advanced features like the models mentioned above, but it can be the best cheapest cameras on this list. If your budget is too light, this camera is for you.
|Affordable price point
Greater image coverage
High zooming capability
Better image stabilization system
SD Card Compatibility
Ideal for videography
How To Choose the Best Cheapest Camera? Buying Guide
When looking for the best cheapest camera, consider the following buying guide:
- Determine your primary use for the camera. Why you are getting this – for casual photography, vlogging, or travel. This will help you to track the suitable features for your requirement.
- As you are looking for the cheapest camera, look for older camera models. New models are often expensive and may not fit your range.
- Opt for a camera with a larger sensor, like APS-C or Micro Four Thirds. This will give you better image quality and low-light performance.
- Don’t prioritize megapixels alone. A camera with 16-24 megapixels is sufficient for most casual users and web sharing.
- Consider cameras with interchangeable lenses for versatility. This will give you room to grow in your photography journey.
- Look for in-body or lens-based stabilization in your cameras. This will help you avoid blurry photos, especially in handheld shooting situations.
- If you want a camera for video making, consider at least Full HD (1080p) video recording. This will give stable video quality for Youtube.
- Check for additional accessories that come with the camera. This may include- memory cards, extra batteries, or camera bags. Go for the one that offers more accessories with the best image quality.
Thus following these guidelines, you can easily choose the best cheap camera for photography.
The Bottom Line
Comparing the above cameras, I suggest you purchase Panasonic GX85 for photography and regular video making. It has a higher resolution and no low pass filter for excellent picture quality. If you can increase your budget a bit, Panasonic GH5 is an excellent choice. It has advanced photography features and a robust body for wildlife photography.
But if you are on a very tight budget, KODAK PIXPRO AZ405-BK is the most affordable option. It is, in fact, the cheapest camera for YouTube and regular video-making purposes. However, there are other options, too; you can choose the one that suits your budget.
What cameras do beginner photographers use?
Biggenes usually face challenges in adjusting the lenses. They mostly prefer cameras with user-friendly features and automatic shooting modes to avoid this struggle. This enables them to click photos without any photography training.
Which is the cheapest digital camera?
KODAK PIXPRO AZ405-BK is the cheapest digital camera. If you are a beginner and have a very tight budget, this camera is for you.
Which cam is best for a photoshoot?
The best camera for a photoshoot depends on the photography requirements of the shoot. Yet you can choose a professional camera from Panasonic to get the best result. Panasonic- GH5, G85, G9, GH4, anyone from these would be excellent choices.
Does a photographer need an expensive camera?
No, a photographer doesn’t need an expensive camera. You will find many advanced features at affordable pricing that give professional-level picture quality. Besides, your photography skills also matter.
Which camera has the sharpest image?
Panasonic G8 is an excellent camera for providing sharp images at an affordable price range. The 20 3-Megapixel micro Four-Thirds sensor of G8 has no low pass filter. This allows you to confidently capture sharp images with a high dynamic range.
What is the average price of a photography camera?
The average price of a good quality photography camera ranges from $500-$1000 or above. However, you will find a camera below $200 if you have a tight budget.
How much MP camera is best for photography?
The megapixels (MP) alone don’t determine the image quality. For most photography needs, cameras with 16 to 24 megapixels are more than enough. Higher megapixels are beneficial for large prints or extensive cropping. But for regular photography, you don’t need extensive MP. So, not solely concentrating on MP, focus more on other factors like sensor size, lens quality, and low-light performance.